Askari Cement Ltd is one of the oldest cement manufacturing companies in Pakistan. It was founded in 1921 under the name of Associate Cement Company. Over the years it has expanded and led the Pakistan Cement Industry to new levels. Askari Cement Ltd is owned by Army Welfare Trust and has two state of the art cement plants situated in Wah and Nizampur. Askari Cement Ltd., Wah has a daily cement production capacity of 3600 tons and is a reputable brand in the industry. Askari Cement is a symbol of quality and a recognized brand not only in Pakistan but around the world. Askari Cement exports cement to India, South Africa, Sudan, Dubai and Afghanistan and also controls a major share of the local market. Askari Cement is an ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 certified company. It also has certifications of the South African Bureau of Standards, Bureau of Indian Standards and a Bureau Veritas Certification.
Askari Cement Ltd Wah is successor of Associated Cement Company. The first cement plant was set up by the famous Bombay based Indian Company (Associated Cement Company) in 1921 with rated capacity of 120 tons per day.
In 1972, the company was nationalized. It was put under control of State Cement Corporation of Pakistan in 1974. In 1991 the name of the plant was changed to Wah Cement Company. In 1994, the whole old structure and machinery were scrapped prior to the installation and commissioning of the then latest state of the art FLS dry process plant. The Company was privatized by the Government of Pakistan and acquired by Army Welfare Trust (AWT) in 1996.
After acquisition, AWT changed the name of the brand to Askari Cement. The plant installed in 1994 was designed to produce 3000 tons of clinker per day through a single production line designed by FLS of Denmark. The plant was further upgraded in 2005 and now has a production capacity of 3500 tons of clinker per day.